Motor Vehicle Department
Motor Vehicle Department, Tamluk , Purba Medinipur, has been computerised on 6th Nov.2008 and is now successfully operating the following activities through the VAHAN application:
- New Registration of Vehicles.
- Grant Certificate of Fitness to transport vehicles.
- Collection of Tax & Fees
- Transfer of Ownership
- Assignment of registration mark of this State in respect of vehicles registered in other State and kept for use in this State for a period more than one year.
- Ensure that the motor vehicles are covered by valid certificates of insurance.
- Take action on vehicle owners not complying with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act and the Tax Act
Other activities of the department which shall also be computerised soon are as follows:
- Issue of Learner’s License
- Issue & Renewal of permanent driving license
- Issue permits to Stage Carriages, Contract Carriages, Goods Vehicles & Private Service Vehicles.
M.V.Dept. is a major source of collection of Government revenue by the means of- Tax, Fees & Fines collected from offensive Vehicles detected at the time of Enforcement. The annual collection during the Financial Year 2009-2010 was Rs.22.73 Crore against a target fixed of Rs.25 Crore.
Composition of the M.V. Department, Tamluk
The Motor Vehicles Office is headed by Regional Transport Officer(RTO) & supported by ARTO, MVIs (Tech & Non-Tech), Group-C & Group-D staff.
|Name of Project/Scheme runing|
|Old Age Home||Child Line|
|Day Care Centre for Aged person||Rehabilitation Centre for the Children of Sex-workers|
|Mobile Medical Unit||Creche Programme for the Children|
|Vocational Training Centre for P.H. Persons||Programme for Adolescent Girls|
|Working women Hostel||Spl. School for P.H. students|
|Family Councelling Centre||Family Councelling Centre|
|Shelter Home for Women|
Tax and Fee Structure
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Motor Vehicle Additional Tax
- Fee Structure
- Special Fees
- Fees related to Driving License
- Other Fees
Forms & Manuals
- Notice regarding offer letters for the route permit
- Motor Vehicle Procedure Manual
- Relevant Forms
- Gazette Publication
- Resolution on 26.09.2016
Regional Transport Authority
|Dr. Rashmi Kamal,IAS District Magistrate||Chairman, RTA Purba Medinipur|
|Shri Nirmal Kr. Jana,||Member, RTA Purba Medinipur|
|Shri Abhijit Hait||Secretary, RTA,Purba Medinipur|